1.17.2008

Ep. 12 Miri

The crew finds a duplicate Earth, circa 1960-ish, although everyone appeared to have died off then, which was about three hundred years ago in the time line. Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Rand, and their red shirts find a society of children, onlies, afraid of adults, grups, who died off. But how are there still children 300 years later? Because they only age a month every century! Of course the landing party gets sick, and begins to die, too. It was ok.

It was a message episode, about what violence does to us, and what danger lies in playing with science we don't understand. I did think it creepy when Kirk hit on Miri, or so it seemed when he told her she was 'very pretty' and he liked her name. Yes, she was over 300 years old, but physically she was ten. I don't think they intended it to be sexual, but that's how it came across to me, and it turned my stomach. And I still miss Scotty and Sulu.

RECURRING CHARACTERS:
DeForrest Kelley as McCoy
Grace Lee Whitney as Janice Rand
Jim Goodwin as Farrell
David L. Ross as Lt. Galloway

NOTABLE GUEST STARS:
Kim Darby as Miri
Michael J. Pollard as Jahn

Quote:
"Back on the ship I used to try to get you to look at my legs. Captain, look at my legs." ~ Rand

No comments: